Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Remembering Audrey


The bus ride home seemed endless with cold blasts of  winter pouring through the cracks in the windows.    Finally my stop -- It was time and I did not want to miss one minute.  Taking the stairs two at a time I sat on the edge of the bed and turned on the small black and white TV.  It was Audrey Hepburn week.   For me that week was an introduction to what would become some of my favorite movies and of course my favorite movie star.  Years later I would share this love with my children who in turn found her just as fascinating.

This Sunday, January 20th, will be 20 years since the death of a timeless icon.  She had a style all her own, she was graceful, charming, and enchanting.  Her quotes have become legend as is her beauty.

 
To honor this Oscar-winning star -- the editors of Time Life have released a reissue of Life's Classic Illustrated Biography from 1993 and titled it "Remembering Audrey  20 years later."




Her quotes to live by
My daughter wearing her Audrey Style


Texas Bluebonnet Award.  Introduce the young to Audrey


 






2 comments:

  1. Love that you put my picture on here! It's funny cause David bought me Remembering Audrey 15 years later. 5 Years ago!! I wonder if they have changed anything.

    ReplyDelete